The Bourbon Country Cookbook
A celebration of Bourbon Country and modern Southern entertaining through a collection of accessible recipes developed by the executive chef at Churchill Downs and the chief entertaining officer of Brown-Forman.
Releasing just in time for the 144th running of the Kentucky Derby, The Bourbon Country Cookbook is the ultimate guide to modern Southern entertaining and a pure celebration of the culture and history of Bourbon Country, an area of the country that is becoming an increasingly popular place to visit. In 2016, the Kentucky Bourbon Trail welcomed over one million guests, breaking the previous year’s record by more than 17 percent.
This full-color cookbook includes more than 90 recipes organized into nine chapters of Southern fare including cocktails; small bites; brunch; pickling and preserves; vegetables; grits, grains, pastas, and breads; fish; meats; and desserts.
The Bourbon Country Cookbook includes the following recipes, among many others:
• Our Signature Mint Julep
• Proper Old Fashioned
• Deviled Eggs with Country Ham
• Fried Green Tomatoes with Smoky Aioli
• Creamed Collard Greens with Buttered Crumbs
• Derby Shrimp and Grits with Tasso Gravy
• Giant Hot Brown
• Bourbon Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies
• Bourbon Cherries with Grilled Pound Cake
• Hickory Smoked Mac and Cheese