Belle’s Cocktail House, in Lexington, Kentucky, and one of our TBR Best Bars has created a cocktail they’re calling Better Than Sex. Whiskey, peanut butter, bacon, and chocolate — this cocktail has all the makings to live up to it’s name! Better Than Sex is a decadent cocktail that is the perfect treat to reward yourself for social distancing. Incredibly easy to make and easily batch-able its perfect to sip on all week while you’re stuck, possibly alone, at home!
– Fry 1 1 lb. package of Wright Applewood Smoked Bacon. Cut the strips in half to use for a garnish.
– Take the rendered bacon fat and mix it with 1 750 ml bottle of Skrewball Peanut Butter Whiskey. Let cool, then cover and put in the freezer for 3-4 hours.
– The fat will rise to the top and harden. Remove the fat, and pour back into the Skrewball Peanut Butter Whiskey bottle or in a decanter.
– Refrigerate until you’re ready to serve.
– For the garnish, heat the Ghirardelli dark chocolate melting wafers in a double boiler.
– Blot extra grease off the bacon with a paper towel.
– Coat with chocolate and place on parchment paper.
– Place chocolate coated bacon in the refrigerator until the chocolate sets.
Belle’s Cocktail House serves this drink on an ice ball. Simply pour 2 oz of the bacon washed whiskey on the ice ball and garnish with the chocolate covered bacon!
The post Reward Yourself with this ‘Better Than Sex’ Cocktail appeared first on The Bourbon Review.